Advanced implementation of SAP APO system focused on inventory management
About our Client
Global manufacturer of home appliances/ Revenue: $19 B/ Discrete Manufacturing Industry.
After passing through an acquisition, our client sought to consolidate their multiple platforms and optimize inventory management systems in order to give them a competitive advantage in the industry.
- Develop a supply chain solution prioritizing customer criticality/priority to deliver against the following benefits:
- Optimized supply chain solution across multiple demand scenarios.
- Customer product allocation definition based on pre-determined rules.
- Optimize the supply chain process to elevate service levels to the end consumer and increase customer satisfaction scores.
- Drive compliance with complex logistic models across different networks and markets.
Syscons solution delivered against two key areas:
- GATP (Global Available to Promise) model to optimize the supply chain planning process, creating a better consumer experience for Whirlpool end consumers on a global level.
- Dynamic allocation to further address consumer satisfaction demands, Syscons developed an evolution of the GATP modeled to assign different stock priorities to different customers based on their business priorities.
- Fabia Sperindè
- ~65% reduction of allocated inventory (from 53 Days of supply to 20 Days of supply).
- Decreased number of total units that did not ship on time.
- Reduced Backorders for non-priority customers without increasing inventory levels.