Implement an agile production scheduling. Improve the efficiency of production processes and the management of materials in the warehouse
One of the challenges in manufacturing, especially in the fresh food and pharma industries regards production planning. Although a modern Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) system is required, implementation numbers in these industries are still not meaningful.
In these companies, handling short product shelf life represents a delicate process that needs to be centralized, managed and monitored.
Advanced Planning with Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS) Solutions
Our team is an ensemble of professionals with two decades of experience in planning processes for our customers belonging to various industries, including food, pharma, automobile, etc. They are SAP PP/DS experts who can provide unparallel support.
Through the implementation of production planning, we help our customers to:
- Improve their planning capacity leading to beneficial impacts like reduction of labor costs and on-time deliveries;
- Effective management of production line capacities to avoid bottlenecks;
- Proper and precise management of advance planning and scheduling features like finite/ detailed planning, configuration matrix, sequence constraints, Min / Max distances, alternative modes, propagation of planning variations on all BOM levels;
- Obtaining visibility of the multilevel material flow through pegging;
- Conduct simulation planning (what-if).
SAP PPDS is innately integrated into the SAP ERP, ensuring the fluidity of the entire data path.
Advanced Planning and Scheduling with SAP PP/DS in Manufacturing
Precise production planning is one of the most prominent challenges of the modern manufacturing industry. Indeed, a competent advanced planning system is a promising solution to address the challenge, yet, the implementation numbers in Italy in these sectors are insufficient to meet the desired target.
SAP PP/DS includes advanced algorithms supporting the planning of the automotive, mining, and process industries, such as:
- Conti-IO, Full Anchoring, Block Planning, Campaign Planning, Shelf-Life;
- Heuristics for compact planning, load leveling, and gap closing along with the heuristic framework;
- Optimizer, i.e., the black box scheduling engine that sequences orders based on certain weights assigned to the available optimization parameters;
- Integration with the field system (MES) to provide information on the production process;
- Receive alerts on production progress.
PP/DS and ePP/DS in S/4 HANA
If you are using PPDS in APO today, you must know that SAP offerings do not provide direct replacement functionality in the SAP IBP The comparable functionality is incorporated within the ‘Advanced Planning‘ competent part of SAP S / 4 HANA (ePP / DS). Our team helps overcome this limitation by analyzing the most effective strategy according to your landscape and looking after its successful implementation.
Interested in discovering more on our solutions?
Get in touch with us to talk about your business needs and find out more on how we can helpContact Us
- Take demand-focused approach while connecting financial and operations with Integrated Business Planning
- Design your products to meet highly variable and individualized customer requirements with New Product Development and R&D
- Tag your products to safeguard your articles also against counterfeiting. Increase production monitoring and increase efficiency with Smart Manufacturing
- Orchestrate orders from multiple channels to get a consistent view of your customers with Digital Omnichannel
- Organize your sales order into a performant and integrated warehouse with our Logistic Execution Solutions